The Haven Traineeship Program was developed for those children who grew up in a Haven Home to transition into adulthood in a supported manner, enabling them to develop independancy as well as further develop their skills or education, as many of our children are behind other children of the same age due to their rough start in life. The traineeship is a two year program, and the young person can work specifically with a Haven or Christian Outreach Centre department, or work with a reputable Thai business to learn their trade.
- Building & Carpentry – many of our older boys enter into our building traineeship run by an Australian tradesman with 40 years experience.
- Computer Graphics – Young people are taught up to date computer graphic skills including: brochures, promotional videos, ….
- Mechanics – we are looking to start a mechanics traineeship with
- Chef– plans are in place to open up a Haven / COC Café at the Haven Project headquarters in Chiang Mai. Whilst current chef traineeships are with external businesses, the café will provide more opportunity for young people to develop skills in this area
- Business – Night Bazaar Online, a business started with two of our trainees to develop their business skills, as well as to generate income for the Haven Project to better meet the needs of people throughout South East Asia. Other businesses are planning to be opening soon.
At the Haven Project we love to share our vision and work with others. You can be a part of this vibrant ministry. Volunteers can apply to come for between one week to three months, and teams can apply for either all or some of their time overseas.